This weekend was my first one to work. It was actually a great experience, on Saturday they closed our floor due to low census so we transferred our 3 patients and just took care of them on a different floor. Then Sunday we worked on the ortho floor, which was OK because I had the cutest old guys to take care of. I learned a ton because I was actually able to slow the pace down a little bit and absorb all that I needed to get done. I got off of work on time too which was a big change as well. Saturday night I went and took care of my cousin Ryan and his fiance Angie's dog Aisley...she was the most adorable chocolate lab EVER!!! she just wanted someone to love on her, so I was good at that. We played with her softball and then we splashed around in her kiddie pool as well. SO MUCH FUN!!
My parents came by on Friday and we went to look at cars....HOLY COW I'm in love, hopefully this will be my last week with my egg..boo hoo NOOOTTTTT!! I'm just excited to put my first pay check and sign on bonus to use, I haven't bought any groceries since my parents stocked me up a WHOLE MONTH AGO!! I can't believe it's already been a month, it seems a lot longer then that.
Last Thursday was super fun too, my friend Tesia from nursing school just moved out to Grand Island, NE a little over an hour away came to visit me. She was already decked out in Nebraska Cornhusker wear, Easiest convert ever. We had so much fun tooling around Lincoln and shopping at Target (aka the best place on earth). I can't wait for her and her fiance to experience the awesomeness that is Nebraska Football...GOOOOO BIIIIGGGGGG REEEEEDDDDD!
Monday, July 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




There you go with that big red nonsense.....
ReplyDeleteI'm loving the news that you're adapting to the new place and the new people. Praise God for amazing family.
ReplyDeleteThanks for making me smile!
Stacia