So this is my first blogging experience ever. I was hesitant to even do this but then I thought of ALL of the masses that are just so curious about my exciting life. I decided to fill them in on my new adventures of becoming a nurse and what it's like living back in Nebraska. On Friday I'm pretty sure I signed my life away in many different ways. We got to Lincoln and immediately went to the insurance company to get me off my parent's insurance.....AHHH real life was starting to hit. Then we went to get my apartment keys and sign the lease, again HOLY CRAP the whole grown up thing was starting to become more real. Finally without missing a beat we drove over to Bryan east which is that hospital were I'll work to sign a 2 yr. contract. I can't believe I now have an actual job plus an apartment that is mine and only mine!!!
This was only the beginning of the weekend. Saturday was move in day...
We started promptly @ 9am. My uncle Jim came to help us place everything in my spacious 538 sq. ft. apt. After getting the van unloaded my cousins Ryan and Amy stopped by followed by my Gma and Uncle JB with my 2 cousins Blair and Drake. Then my Uncle Jim came back with my Aunt Judy who so graciously brought over some food essentials like ranch dressing :) Then my cousin Kim and her husband David and their 3 kids stopped over. This was a fantastic ending to a very overwhelming day.
Today me and my parents went to the Berean Church with Kim and David and I loved it. It felt so comfortable to me and presented a TON of opportunities for me to get involved. After the family came over for lunch...we had SLOPPY JOE'S, SLOP SLOPPY JOE'S. Then...everybody left, even my parents. So now I'm sitting in my apartment and it's just me, this is sooooo weird. It will def. take some time to get used to the idea of living by myself.
Pics of the apartment soon...I promise!!
Sunday, June 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Sweet, now I can officially stalk you. We're going to have to give your blog a makeover though...this green makes me nauseous :) LOVE YOU!!
ReplyDelete